I’m Melissa Hughes
The founder and director of the Australian Natural Nanny Network (ANNN).
My approach to raising, educating and engaging children has been shaped by more than 15 years’ experience as a classroom teacher, nanny, children’s coach and natural learning facilitator. It is also the result of years of self-discovery, learning and uncovering what supports children and families and what doesn’t.
I am passionate about creating a nurturing, safe and dynamic space where children feel empowered and thrive. Throughout my work, I have watched how children flourish when they can access their inner resources, problem-solve, stand their ground in tricky situations and communicate their needs effectively and with confidence.
I strongly believe that ‘it takes a whole village to raise a child’. We do so much better if we feel supported and encouraged in our parenting. This includes part time parenting as a nanny or caregiver. For this reason, I created the ANNN Community to run alongside the ANNN Nanny Placement Service.
“I have established the ANNN nanny-family matching service to find nannies for families that choose to raise their children using a parenting style that is often referred to as ‘gentle’, ‘holistic’ or ‘natural’.”
We focus on working with families and nannies who share parenting philosophies centred on children’s empowerment. Examples of what ANNN considers to be part of holistic parenting philosophies include attachment parenting, child-led learning and mindful parenting. There are many more.
The ANNN Network is more than a nanny placement agency. It’s also a community where adopters of holistic parenting practices can come together to support each other. It’s a ‘home’ where they can share knowledge, have access to resources and participate in events organised by ANNN and its members.
About the ANNN Nanny Placement Service
I take the time to personally match nannies with families. I carefully consider important factors such as common values and philosophies, personality, requirements of the role, location and any special skills that may be necessary. The process is quite involved but you can rely on us to keep it straightforward for you and help you with the necessary paperwork.
Please see our detailed information for families and for nannies and answers to the questions we’re so often asked.
WHAT WE OFFER FAMILIES
- Long-term nannies for full-time or part-time positions
- Childcare on a casual basis
- Nanny share arrangements where an experienced nanny cares for up to 4 children regularly at a mutually agreed location (most likely at one of the client’s houses and may rotate weekly)
- Care for children with special needs
- Care before or after school or preschool
WHAT WE OFFER NANNIES
- Opportunity to find work that aligns with your values, experience and preferences
- Preparation for interviews with families
- Guidance on where and how to gain further training or new skills, as well as coaching and training run by Melissa (at a discounted members price!)
- From the moment you join ANNN, you receive support and guidance by sending you an information pack, preparing you to meet your nanny or family, setting an hourly rate, advising on terms and conditions of employment and by giving ongoing support via Skype and much more.
“Melissa has a gift for working with children and a heartfelt personal philosophy that comes through in the warm, caring, compassionate and well informed way she is with children and families.”
About the ANNN Community
When you become a member of ANNN as a parent, guardian or nanny, you are free to enjoy regular content in our Facebook group. This is a place where we share knowledge, ideas and let you know about ANNN’s special offers. You’ll have access to cutting edge resources in the form of articles, websites, courses and discussions, and attend member-only events.
The ANNN Community is free for all our members. If you don’t wish to use our online services, we can send you updates, resources and our newsletter by mail.