We are a professional, niche network.
We specialise in matching nannies with families who share values and philosophies around natural, gentle and holistic parenting and education.
Australian Natural Nanny Network (ANNN) recognises that in a lot of ways, modern society has become disconnected from traditional ways of raising children. We emphasise an approach to parenting and education that supports children’s physical, emotional, social and spiritual needs. Empowering them to be equipped to thrive in an ever changing world.
“I feel Melissa has good intuition with children. She takes the time to play and nurture my kids especially when they are missing me. My children are always well fed and house chores are completed. I love coming home to my happy and relaxed children after their day with Melissa.”
ANNN Company Values are as follows:
We are inclusive and open-minded. We welcome and support nannies and families of all backgrounds, ethnicities and belief systems. This includes, but is not limited to, members of the LGBT+ community, indigenous peoples, Torres Strait Islanders, single-parent and blended families.
You will find a lot of information on natural, gentle and holistic parenting on the internet. Put simply, ANNN believes in freedom and empowerment, living intentionally with awareness, self-responsibility and respectfulness. We have a real influence in who our children become so it really does begin with us!
Our definition of normal, gentle & Holistic parenting and education includes:
- Aware parenting
- Attachment parenting
- Rudolf Steiner’s philosophies
- Play-based learning
- Child-led learning
- Positive discipline
- Unstructured play
- Learning through experience and exploration
- Time in nature
- Healthy risk-taking
- No forced affection
- Respecting autonomy
- Connecting with intuition
- Open parenting
- Affirming safe, firm boundaries
We also value:
- Integrity – of self, of thought, word and action (this includes honesty)
- Respect – for self, other people, all living creatures and the planet
- Community- we are social creatures by nature. It takes a village to raise a child.
- Clarity of communication
- Uniqueness- ‘Everyone carries a piece of the puzzle’* and offers their unique perspective.
- Gratitude- for all of life and its experiences
- Compassion and all that it encompasses (includes equality)
- Courage- to do or not to do, whatever it takes to be ourselves in the world and live with integrity and according to our values
- Creativity in all its forms- It’s about more than paints and clay – we are creating in every moment of every day.
- Empowerment – of ourselves, one another and, of course, our children
- Personal and collective evolution
- Self-reflection and responsibility
“Thank you so much for your great care of our kids. We really appreciate how knowledgeable you are about sane and progressive child development issues, and how you were able to bond well with the kids.”
ANNN considers the following to be part of gentle, natural and holistic parenting philosophies:
Baby-led weaning, breastfeeding, bed-sharing, baby-wearing, child-led learning, spending time in nature, being among the elements in all seasons, getting muddy, minimising screen time, mindful parenting practices, conscious living, teaching respect for nature and Earth, encouraging self-autonomy, healthy expression of emotion, supporting children to develop emotional intelligence, health eating and lifestyle, use of homeopathics, eating close to nature in support of a healthy mind, body and immune system.